M-Link is Isode's Instant Messaging server based on the XMPP (eXtensible Messaging and Presence) protocol. You can read more about M-Link here.
This evaluation is for customers looking to set up and run an XMPP service at their own domain, for IM communications internally or with other XMPP services. The M-Link XMPP server uses an LDAP directory to hold user information (either our own M-Vault directory, Active Directory or other LDAP directory).
This evaluation is intended for those beginning an evaluation of Isode's XMPP Server product, M-Link. During this evaluation you will:
- Set up an XMPP Service (headquarters.net) on a single-node for 1:1 chat
- Set up a Multi-User Chat (MUC) domain for headquarters.net and create a permanent MUC room.
- Set up 1:1 and Multi-User Chat Archive Locations
- Create a number of users for the XMPP service and then test both 1:1 and multi-user chat
Two Isode server products are used; M-Link (to provide the XMPP service) and M-Vault (Isode’s LDAP directory product used, in this case, to hold user account information). An alternate version of this evaluation is available using Microsoft's Active Directory instead of Isode's M-Vault.
Interaction with M-Link and M-Vault will use:
- M-Link Console (MLC): A GUI management tool that enables configuration and management of an M-Link system
- Swift: Isode’s multi-platform XMPP client
To download the program files you'll need an evaluation password, you can request one using this short form. When we receive the completed form we'll also send you the licence file you'll need to run the packages successfully. You can download the evaluation documentation without logging in.
|XMPP Instant Messaging Evaluation Guide|
|XMPP Instant Messaging and Active Directory Evaluation Guide|
|M-Link Administration Guide|
Program Files (64-bit)
|Debian (x86)||RHEL (& CentOS)||Windows Server|
More on Evaluations
We welcome evaluations of our products and will make support resources available to you for the duration of your evaluation. Before considering evaluating Isode's products you should take a look at our Supported Platforms statement.