M-Vault LDAP/X.500 Directory Server Evaluation
M-Vault is a high performance Directory Server product, including replication, high functionality access control and security management, X.500 support, graphical administration tools, and Web access. You can read more about M-Vault here.
By the end of this evaluation you will have:
- Become familiar with the terminology of some of the major Directory concepts
- Created a Directory Server
- Bulk-loaded data into the Directory from one of the sample LDIF files shipped with M-Vault
- Added, modified and deleted entries in the Directory
You'll use two Isode Management tools to achieve these objectives, both of which are shipped and installed with M-Vault:
- MVC (M-Vault Console): Used to configure and manage the Directory service.
- Sodium (Secure Open Data, Identity and User Manager): Used to manage user information in the Directory such as entries for people or organizational units.
Installation instructions are given on the platform-specific download pages. The Schema Design Guide will show you how to create your own schema in the Isode M-Vault Directory server in a test/evaluation environment.
To download the program files you'll need an evaluation password, you can request one using this short form. When we receive the completed form we'll also send you the licence file you'll need to run the packages successfully. You can download the evaluation documentation without logging in.
|M-Vault Evaluation Guide|
|M-Vault Administration Guide|
|M-Vault Scheme Guide|
Program Files (32-bit)
|RHEL (& CentOS)||Solaris 10 (SPARC)||Windows Server|
Program Files (64-bit)
|RHEL (& CentOS)||Solaris 10 (SPARC)||Solaris 10
More on Evaluations
We welcome evaluations of our products and will make support resources available to you for the duration of your evaluation. Before considering evaluating Isode's products you should take a look at our Supported Platforms statement.