With the widest, most comprehensive range of message interception, handling and monitoring options, M-Switch Anti-Spam is your best defence against spam.
A flexible server-based solution that defeats spam before it reaches the user's desktop, M-Switch Anti-Spam achieves 97%+ accuracy on 'spam' and 99% accuracy on 'possible spam' together with a message processing rate that exceeds 50 messages per second on a small server platform.
M-Switch Anti-Spam intercepts inbound SMTP messages at the boundary of the enterprise or service provider. Messages are opened, examined and if determined not to be spam, delivered to the correct server within the organisation.
If the messages are judged to be spam or potential spam, a variety of handling options are available to administrators to ensure that appropriate remedial action can be taken.
M-Switch Anti-Spam's monitoring abilities ensure that you always have the complete picture available.
M-Switch Anti-Spam uses a number of different, complementary techniques to determine the 'Spam Score' of a message. You can use any or all of these techniques. Isode have been adding regularly to the techniques in order to maintain high levels of accuracy in spam detection, and will continue to add more techniques as they are developed.
Currently supported techniques include content filtering, grey listing, phone & URL blacklists, subject line matching, originator matching, host matching, real time black hole lists, message characteristic checking, network address checking, obfuscation techniques and trigraph checking.
The complementary M-Switch Anti-Virus package adds server-level virus checks to the protection given to the user. You can read more about M-Switch Anti-Virus here.
The M-Switch Anti-Spam configuration tools give you the ability to configure a wide range of responses to suspect traffic, whether spam or virus, depending on the degree of that traffic's violation of the assessment rules that you set up and control.
The illustration above shows the standard interface for configuring message handling rules. Actions can include forwarding the mesage to an alternate mailbox, generating an error message, marking or discarding the message.
The Audit Database shipped as part of M-Switch stores structured audit log data from one or more copies of M-Switch in an ODBC compliant database. That data can be accessed by Isode applications or third-party applications supplied by Isode Partners.
Isode applications shipped with the current release of M-Switch Anti-Spam include message tracking, message quarantine and comprehensive statistical reporting, all functions delivered via the Message Operator Interface.
Quarantine management includes a facility to send HTML messages to users with a list of messages in quarantine. This is provided as a script, which can be customized for each installation.
This message provides a listing of the messages, and a URL which causes the message to be released from quarantine. Release works by updating the status in the audit database to "pending release". A background process releases messages from the quarantine and marks status to "released".
Whilst many products offer one, often quite limited, technique for eliminating spam, M-Switch Anti-Spam incorporates a number of advanced techniques, resulting in:
- Excellent Accuracy: Achieves 97%+ accuracy and 0.1% false positives on 'spam' and 99% accuracy, 2% false positives on 'possible spam' together with a message processing rate exceeding 30-50 messages per second.
- Multiple Response Options: Provides for many processing options including bounce, discard, reroute, quarantine, mark and approve.
- Fast Processing and Filtering: Low resource overheads allow the processing and filtering of high volumes of traffic.
- Flexible Configuration: Highly flexible configuration options allow the checking proceedures to vary according to recipient as well as checking of outbound messages.
- Distributed Deployment: Can be deployed in a distributed manner, at one or more locations, sharing a single location.
- Multi-Platform GUI Management:Incorporates friendly, intuitive GUI management tools that run on Linux, Solaris and Windows.