Isode is a small high technology product company with a high level of experience and sound track record in the messaging and directory market. Isode builds client and server products for email, directory and instant messaging using open standard protocols. Isode's key vertical markets are Civil Aviation, Military, and Government.
The Company has grown significantly over the last 5 years and currently has 39 employees, the large majority of whom are involved in development, together with a small corporate staff and a sales and marketing department.
The engineering team comprises a group of highly experienced software developers. The team develop large server multiprotocol products which implement Internet and OSI X.400/X.500 standards, together with GUIs and APIs which are used to manage these products and clients for email and instant messaging.
We are currently looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer and a DevOps Engineer, details can be found below. We also continue to welcome applications from students looking for a 6/12 month paid placements or summer internship programmes. CVs can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that company policy is that we do not use recruitment agencies and we will not return calls or emails from recruitment consultants.
Isode Ltd is a UK software product company whose server software products form a key part of messaging and directory solutions in the military, aviation, government and intelligence industries worldwide. Isode works through partners and Systems Integrators to deliver solutions incorporating Isode products but also maintains a strong technical relationship with end users, who frequently approach Isode for evaluation material and technical advice on on-going and new projects.
Strong growth of interest in Isode's products, particularly in the military messaging market, has led to a requirement for a dedicated Pre-Sales Engineer to work in the Customer Service Team. This new position involves assisting Isode staff and Isode's Partners with technical sales activities in new and existing opportunities, helping to remove technical barriers to a sale, including:
- Leading the technical relationship with key prospects
- Delivery of technical presentations to key prospects and customers
- Contributing to bid documentation and sales proposals
- Taking ownership of evaluation material and resources
- Maintenance of demonstration systems
- Development of proof of concept systems
- Assisting with the installation and configuration of evaluation systems at prospects
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate, who will have worked in a technical role, will need:
- Operating System skills on Windows and/or Linux/Solaris
- Experience with enterprise-level software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in a client or public facing role
- Good verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong time-management, prioritisation and planning skills
- Experience with messaging server software and/or one of Isode's target markets would be advantageous
- At least 2-3 years commercial experience (Isode also welcomes applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel)
We are looking for a well-versed DevOps engineer to work on our software development and test systems. Working within a heavily tools based environment the role will involve a variety of tasks, including:
- Production of plugins and scripts in support of the dev environment (Atlassian stack).
- Management of AWS cloud systems used by our CI/CD tools.
- Development of new directions, for example extending use of container based environments for development, testing and software deployment.
Desired Skills and Experience
Expertise in the following areas would be advantageous, though there is room for willing learners to acquire these skills. What we want is a person who can look at the problems facing the development and QA teams and come up with solutions.
- Programming, e.g. Java.
- Scripting, e.g. Python, Lua or Tcl.
- Version control systems, e.g. git.
- DevOps/CI/CD tools, e.g. Atlassian services (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo) or Gerrit/Jenkins
- Container and virtual machine systems, e.g. Docker, VMWare and VirtualBox.
- Automatic software provisioning systems, e.g. Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Cloud infrastructure management with, for example, AWS.
Applications to all of our roles should include your CV and current salary details.
Isode can only consider applications from people with the right to work in the U.K.