Getting HelpUsing Publically Available Documentation and the Isode Support System
If you are an Isode customer you may additionally use the Isode Support System.
- Cobalt Admin Guide
- Configuring and managing Isode's user and role provisoning web based tool.
- Harrier Admin Guide
- Configuring and managing Isode's web-based email client, Harrier (includes use of Harrier with Isode's M-Switch products and Microsoft Exchange).
- Harrier User Guide
- Using Isode's web-based email client, Harrier
- Icon-5066 Admin Guide
- Isode's STANAG 5066 Server (Icon-5066), also includes setup and use of Isode's software modem and channel simulator (MoRaSky).
- Icon-PEP Admin Guide
- Isode's Perfromance Enhancing Proxy for STANAG 5066
- Icon-Topo Admin Guide
- Configuring and managing Icon Topo, Isode's Mobile Unit Mobility product that enables communications over HF Networks .
- Red/Black Admin Guide
- Isode's Red/Black Secure Cross Domain.
- M-Box Admin Guide
- Configuring and managing POP and/or IMAP message stores using Isode's M-Box.
- M-Guard Admin Guide
- Admin guide for M-Guard components including the M-Guard Appliance, its Guard software component and M-Guard Console, a desktop tool for managing the appliances and Guard instances.
- M-Link Admin Guide
- Configuring and managing Isode's M-Link XMPP server/gateway products. Covers M-Link, M-Link IRC Gateway and Constrained Network variants.
- M-Link Edge Admin Guide
- Configuring and managing Isode's M-Link Edge (Boundary Guard) product.
- M-Store Admin Guide
- Configuring and managing X.400 message stores using Isode's M-Store.
- M-Switch Admin Guide
- This Administrator Guide contains the information you need to install, configure and maintain your message handling system using the provided tools. Covers all M-Switch products (M-Switch SMTP, M-Switch X.400, M-Switch MIXER as well as Constrained Network variants).
- M-Switch Advanced Admin Guide
- This guide is intended for administrators who plan to configure and manage advanced M-Switch configurations.
- M-Switch Operators Guide
- Detailed descriptions of the monitoring & control features and components of M-Switch products, especially the Graphical Management tools.
- M-Vault Admin Guide
- Configuring and managing Isode's M-Vault LDAP/X.500 Directory as well as the Sodium Sync Directory and Data Synchronisation server.
- Messaging APIs
- Messaging APIs which enable integrators to develop complementary components to work with the Isode Server products.
- Isode X.400 Client API: Works over the X.400 P3 and P7 protocols and is able to interwork with non Isode products which conform to these standards.
- Gateway APIs: Two Gateway APIs, used for transferring messages to and from protocols other than X.400, are provided; the Isode Gateway API (C and Java) and the Open Group Gateway API (C).
- Messaging Management APIs
- Isode provides the following APIs for writers of management tools:
- Switch Operations Management (SOM) API: C and Java APIs providing the ability to write SOM clients which can monitor and control one or more M-Switch servers. SOM is an Isode proprietary protocol and is only able to manage Isode M-Switch components.
- M-Switch HF Circuit Management (MHFCM) API: Java API which provides the ability to manage ACP127 circuits and ACP142 channels
- Isode Events
- Isode products generate three logging streams by default (audit, event and operator logs). Events for the event logging stream are divided into one of three categories (Base events, DSA events and Messaging events) and are described here. For configuration of events and logging, see the Isode Administration Guide for the relevant product.
- Directory Client APIs
- Isode provides a number of APIs which allow integrators and product developers to build components or client programs to connect to, query and modify data in the directory. Two client libraries that expose C Language bindings for Directory client applications are available, as well as a single Java client library which, as well as providing all of the functionality in the two C libraries, provides classes which can create and process LDIF data.
- Swiften Developer's Guide
- The Swiften Developer's Guide is a tutorial-style introduction to building XMPP applications with Swiften. The API Reference Guide is a full reference of the public classes offered by Swiften.
Isode Support System
Isode uses the TOPdesk (system to record, track and deliver answers to support incidents. As an Isode support customer, you will have access to the TOPdesk self-service portal, enabling you to submit, update and track your own incidents, search the knowledge base (which includes answers to your previous incidents and, optionally, incidents submitted by other parts of your organisation) and receive news about product updates and product releases. The portal is accessible via a browser and a mobile (Android and IOS) app. You can additionally submit and update incidents, and interact with Isode support, via email and (if you have a Silver or Gold support contract) telephone. All of these interactions will also be recorded in TOPdesk.
The more information we have on your support issue, the quicker we can help you resolve it. With this in mind customers using our support services are expected to:
- Perform initial diagnosis to isolate the incident area
- Gather supporting data, trace information or dump files
- Determine and report recent environment changes
- Provide a description of the incident, including business impact
- Make reasonable attempts to analyze the problem, using Isode manuals and other documentation.