Supported Platforms - Current Release
Isode's M-Switch, M-Vault and M-Store servers are supported on the following platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 & 6 (32- and 64-bit) and CentOS equivalents
- Debian Linux 5 (64-bit)
- Solaris 10 Update 5 and above (32- and 64-bit SPARC, 64-bit x86)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2, Standard or Enterprise Editions (32- and
- HP-UX 11iv1 on PA-RISC (32-bit)
M-Box and M-Link are supported on all the platforms listed above with the exception of HP-UX. In addition:
- Xuxa is provided on Linux and 32-bit Windows.
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is not supported on Windows or HP-UX.
- Use of the Isode servers on Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 is appropriate for simple evaluations and demonstrations. However, Isode does not support running the servers on this OS in a production environment. The Isode client applications, and customer applications written using Isode client SDKs are fully supported on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- The Swiften XMPP Client Library is supported on the Windows and Linux platforms listed above as well as Mac OS X. Swiften is not supported on Solaris or HP-UX.
Please note that mixing 32- and 64-bit versions of Isode products on a single system will not work. For example the 64-bit version of M-Vault must not be installed with the 32-bit versions of M-Switch and M-Box.
In all cases the operating system must be updated with all available updates and patches from the operating system supplier. This can be important for the security of your system. Isode reserves the right not to support a system which is not up to date.
Isode strongly recommends that production services operate only on supported platforms, and that evaluations of Isode products are only undertaken on supported platforms.
The Solaris binary packages are supported on Sparc Ultra processors (sun4u and later architecture).
The Solaris x86 packages are only supported on 64-bit CPUs.
Linux and Windows packages require a Pentium II or better, or AMD Athlon. In all cases the operating system must be updated with all available updates and patches from the operating system supplier. This can be important for the security of your system. Isode reserves the right not to support a system which is not up to date.
On Solaris it is necessary to have the latest patched version of Sun’s C++ run time libraries. Patch numbers are:
- SPARC: 119963-19
- x86: 119964-19
More recent versions of these patches should be used if available.
If you have questions about specific platform support, then please contact us.